IV. Buildings Integral to the Former Life and/or Persecution of Jews in Altona.
4. No. 62 Wohlersallee.
In 1928, the building at no. 62 Wohlersallee was established as a synagogue and study centre by the
east European Jewish society "Ahavat Thora" (love of Torah). The holy shrine came from the former
Alten und Neuen Klaus synagogue at no. 17a Peterstraße in the Neustadt district of Hamburg
when in 1919 the synagogue was sold as a warehouse following the building of a new synagogue
in 1906 at No. 11a Rutschbahn in the Rotherbaum district of Hamburg.