Dolmetschen im Krankenhaus
The corpus Dolmetschen im Krankenhaus (DiK - Interpreting in Hospitals) was compiled between July 1999 and June 2005 in the research project "Interpreting in Hospitals" (K2, principal investigator: Kristin Bührig), part of the Collaborative Research Centre "Multilingalism", funded by the German Research Foundation (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, DFG) and hosted by the University of Hamburg.
To gain access to the DiK corpus,
you need to apply to the rights holder, stating your purpose.
This is done by sending an email with the required information to
If your purpose is approved, you obtain a username and a password for logging in to the corpus.
By logging in to the corpus you agree:
- to use the DiK corpus for non-commercial research and teaching purposes only
- not to redistribute the DiK corpus or parts of it to third parties
- to cite one of the following sources in any published work which is based on the corpus:
With your password, you can use the links in the sections below.
- The HIAT trancription conventions used for the corpus
- A corpus statistics organised by communications
- A corpus statistics organised by speakers
Online data (password-protected)
- A corpus overview which links to all metadata, transcriptions, recordings, visualization and export documents
- A corpus word list sorted alphabetically
- A corpus word list sorted by frequency
Downloadable data (password-protected)
- A zip archive with EXMARaLDA transcriptions and COMA metadata document
- A zip archive with transcriptions in TEI format
- A zip archive with transcriptions in ELAN format
- A zip archive with transcriptions in FOLKER format
- A zip archive with partitur transcription in PDF format
Please note that, due to the highly sensitive nature of the material, audio recordings cannot be made available.