Hamburg Corpus of Polish in Germany
The Hamburg Corpus of Polish in Germany (HamCoPoliG) was compiled between July 2008 and June 2011 in the research project "Current Polish-German Bilingualism in Germany" (H8, principal investigator: Bernhard Brehmer), part of the Collaborative Research Centre "Multilingalism", funded by the German Research Foundation (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, DFG) and hosted by the University of Hamburg.
To gain access to the Hamburg Corpus of Polish in Germany (HamCoPoliG),
you need to apply to the rights holder, stating your purpose.
This is done by sending an email with the required information to
If your purpose is approved, you obtain a username and a password for logging in to the corpus.
By logging in to the corpus you agree:
- to use the HamCoPoliG corpus for non-commercial research and teaching purposes only
- not to redistribute the HamCoPoliG corpus or parts of it to third parties
- to cite the following source in any published work which is based on the corpus:
With your password, you can use the links in the sections below.
Online data (password-protected)
The following data are available:
- A corpus overview which links to all metadata, transcriptions, recordings, visualization and export documents
- A zip archive with EXMARaLDA transcriptions and COMA metadata document
- The HIAT trancription conventions used for the corpus
Audio recordings in ogg format can be downloaded separately from the corpus overview. Please note that, due to space restrictions on our web server, we cannot make WAV audio files available here. If you need WAV audio files, please contact us.